Thursday, July 11, 2013

Technique and paints used

By request, I am going to explain my steps for the fire prism and how I got the tron light effect.

Colors I used: citadel chaos black, and citadel ice blue (I have the old colors, pre-gw redoing the line)
primer: any white primer

I took the entire model and primed it as white as I could make it, so no grey was showing. I primed in pieces as well, and did very little assembly before painting (this makes crevasses easier to paint)

watered down the ice blue and filled every line with it. Key here is to water it down so there is a gradient within the line, and some of the white can show through. Don't worry about missing for this part.

Once the blue is done take a detail brush and do the edge of each black area you want painted. Then go back and fill in the center of each black area with a bigger brush as you go along.

If you get black in the line, paint over it in white foundation paint, then redo the water down blue. The black takes the longest, but I found that hand painting the black was easier than trying to tape and airbrush the model.

If you want highlights on the black parts, do a very thin dark grey highlight on a few of the edges. Never dry brush the model, as the flecks get into the blue crevasses.

For the evil red/orange dark eldar models: I use vellejo orange red instead of ice blue, the the technique is the same

hope this helps for anyone who wants to duplicate the tron effect

No comments:

Post a Comment